Paneer Butter Masala in the style of a restaurant is simple to create at home. Check out the recipe here to make paneer butter masala at home with restaurant like taste. We have shared the step by step reciepe along with a list of ingredients. Among ingredients; Onion, tomatoes, cashews, cream, and butter (of course!) go into this creamy curry.
Check out the Receipe of Paneer butter masal with pictures. Paneer butter masala, a popular restaurant dish, can be made at home with proper recipe. Butter paneer is a creamy and flavorful cheese that is simple to produce at home. It goes well with naan, roti, pulao, and jeera pulao.
Paneer butter masala has a special place in people heats. Non-vegetarians may prefer butter chicken, but vegetarians prefer paneer butter masala. It has a delicious flavour and is simple to prepare. No wonder why this dish is one of the most ordered at Indian restaurants. Recreating the magic of Restaurant’s paneer butter masala is not easy, but with proper ingredients and recipe, one can make delicious restaurant like paneer butter masala at home. Below we are presenting you the homemade version of paneer butter masala.
Ingredients for Paneer Butter Masala
- Paneer – cut into cubes.
- Butter – use unsalted
- Onions – use 2 medium-sized onions, or as per your requirement
- Ginger + Garlic – use freshly chopped ginger and garlic for a boost of flavor
- Cashew nuts – nuts are required for a creamy texture
- Tomatoes – tomatoes bring the tanginess and give a bright color to the curry
- Tomato paste – use tomato paste to make your butter masala rich and creamy
- In whole spices, you can use a bay leaf, cinnamon, black cardamom, green cardamom, and cloves.
- In spices, use Kashmiri Red chili powder for mild spice & color, paneer masala, salt, turmeric, garam masala, and coriander powder.
- Add Kasoori methi in the end
- Oil – You can choose to use any oil of your choice
- Sugar – balance the tanginess of tomatoes with a little sugar, don’t add too much, just a little is enough
- Cream – make sure to use fresh cream for a velvety texture
Buy Best Paneer Masala Powder
The aroma of the Paneer Masala Powder makes it an irresistible combination, yet a simple and perfect dish to lift your mood. Paneer Masala can be a great with jeera rice when added as a main course meal. It makes a dream collection with kulcha parathas as well.
How to make Homemade Paneer Butter Masala – Step By Step
Step 1: Cut the paneer into cubes.
Step 2: Add 1tbs oil into a hot pan. Let the oil heat a bit. Add green cardamoms, 2 cubed cut onions, Put the gas on medium flame and saute the onions until they are light pink in color. Do not overcook the onions or make them brown.
Step 3: Add finely 1½ cup chopped tomatoes. Add salt as per taste. And let the masala cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
Step 4: Once the tomatoes are mushy, you can add red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder, cashews, paneer masala, and sugar.
Step 5: Put the heat on low flame and saute the masala for about 2 minutes. Turn the gas off once the masala smell aromatic.
Step 6: It’s time to cool down the masala mixture. Now we will blend the mixture into a smooth puree. Make sure to cool the masala mixture, do not pour it into the blender without proper cooling. Add 1 cup of water to a blender.
Step 7: A smooth puree is required for paneer butter masala, so make sure to blend it correctly. Use a fine strainer to remove any strain from the puree.
Step 8: Our Puree is ready. Now is the time to make paneer butter masala. Keep the pan on a low flame and add butter. Do not overheat the pan because the butter will burn. Once the butter is melted, you can add the whole spices i.e. green cardamoms, bay leaf, cloves, and cinnamon.
Step 9: Make sure to keep the flame on low only, add ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw smell is gone. Do not burn the paste.
Step 10: Add onion tomato puree (that we prepared earlier). Add Kashmiri red chili powder for good color.
Step 11: You can adjust the consistency of the gravy by adding the water.
Step 12: Let the gravy cook on a medium flame until you see traces of fats over the gravy.
Step 13: Taste the gravy and spices if required.
Step 14: It’s time to add the paneer cubes. Add the crushed kasuri methi.
Step 15: Put the flame on low flame and let it cook for 3 minutes. Add the fresh cream and give it a nice stir.
Your delicious paneer butter masala is ready now. Add 1 tablespoon cream & 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves for garnish.
Serve paneer butter masala with Jeera rice, chapathi, Paratha, roti, butter naan or even with plain basmati rice.
- Because tomatoes are the main ingredient, choose ripe, red, firm tomatoes with sweet test. Make sure the tomatoes aren’t too sour or tart.
- Homemade panner is best, if homemade paneer is not available then use only the high-quality store-bought paneer. Making a paneer at home is easy and takes very less time.
- Make sure you use high-quality butter. Both unsalted and salted butter can be used. You can use either yellow or white butter.
- For fine consistency of cashew paste, soak cashews in boiling water for 30 min before blending.